laina down under

lessons from the university of melbourne and the school of hard knocks.

Sunday 4 March 2007

one errant click later...

i was perusing the internet today, looking for some photos of shirtless footy players for a future post (patience, ladies. can't alienate the straight men just yet), when i stumbled upon this article.

i really have no idea what to think, other than wondering how i've never heard of a phenomenon that is apparently common enought to be the subject of a variety of films and books. if you scroll down towards the bottom of the page, you'll see that even dustin hoffman has firsthand experience to share. all i know is that i will certainly be bringing it up in my sexual and reproductive health class next semester. as a side note, i haven't a clue how this topic relates to shirtless footy players in any way, unless the shirtless man in the photo is actually a footy player. thanks, google.

gives a whole new meaning to the phrase, "must be the milkman's baby."

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Alejandra Ramos said...

Um...woah.

I'm now sure how I would feel about having a lactating husband. I'm not even sure that I can watch dustin hoffman films with a straight face anymore...

Also, did you see the "bornfree" logo at the top of that page? It appears to be a woman with her knees spread with a baby head popping out of her vagina. (You know, I don't get to use the word vagina often enough...).

I'm waiting for the footy players...

1:38 pm  
Blogger Niki said...

Lane-a!
This is not at all relevant to your post, but I've been thinking about you the last couple days. I have had 3 incidents which have made me think of Australia and therefore you:
1. The premiere of Australia's Next Top Model was on VH1 last night. I'm embarrassed to admit I watched "The Hills" on MTV instead
2. I spelled "behavior" as "behaviour" for no apparent reason
3. One of my psych patients has a brother in Australia!

Hope things are good! Miss you!

11:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home